Saturday, January 10, 2009

"Jedi Fools!"

Jack’s fascination with Star Wars: Clone Wars continues. He routinely asks me the name of every character on screen. Even my attractive wife, who is no sci-fi fan, can rattle off major characters for Jack. Jack can name Jedi Masters Kit Fisto and Obi-Wan Kenobi, as well as his favorite character, General Grievous, and Sith Lord Count Dooku. He’s gaining familiarity with Anakin Skywalker, Yoda, and droids R2-D2 and C-3PO.

The other day while driving him to day care, Jack warned me that General Grievous was chasing us as we ran to the garage. We boarded our rocket ship (the family sedan) and blasted off. On the way, he asked me what the “robots” say (Jack’s label for the Trade Federation’s inept Battle Droids). I said, “Roger roger!” Then he asked me what General Grievous says. I said, “Jedi Fools!” But he corrected me, “That’s what Count Dooku says," and I realized he was right, of course. But he thought it pretty funny nonetheless and started saying, in his best low evil voice imitation, “Jedi fools!” We both laughed about it. Eventually, I did get off a viable General Grievous quote, “Prepare the hyperdrive!” which Jack agreed was correct.

No comments: