Thursday, February 12, 2009

Lost and Found

First off, let me offer a lame excuse about the dearth of postings recently: I finally registered for Facebook and spent several days finding both my current set of friends and a fair amount of people I had lost track of long ago. It's been great getting back in touch but it does sap a lot of time as those of you with Facebook pages know all too well.

Lately, my attractive wife has been suffering from punishing insomnia. She's constantly tired due in large part to her being the second trimester of pregnancy. Paradoxically, she often wakes up in the middle or late part of the night and is unable to get back to sleep. Her doctor said she could take Tylenol PM to help but that didn't work well a few nights ago when a passing fire truck work her up around 10PM (she stayed up until 2AM before fitfully falling back asleep). More frustrating for me is that there is little I can do about it.

My wife elected to take a late shift at work today, partly to increase the chances of getting a better night's sleep tonight. She stayed late this morning with Jack at home. At one point, she put Jack in his glider chair in his room watching a favorite show and went to take a shower. As she was getting out of the shower, she heard Jack wailing and crying in the upstairs hall outside his room, "I want my Mama!" He had "lost" her and couldn't find her. My attractive wife consoled him and reminded she had been in the shower all the time. Poor guy.

2 comments:

CKD said...

Two things:

"Nelson Laugh" You're addicted to Facebook! Welcome, my friend.

Has Beth tried sleepy time tea? I've been dealing with insomnia since I was 14 and it really helps me calm down and actually stay asleep. And it tastes pretty good, too!

JDA1214 said...

Nothing works when the insomnia is that bad. And make it *4* AM, not 2, that I finally went back to sleep.