Thursday, February 12, 2009

Light Swaber (Redux)

Last month, my attractive wife and I bought iPhones. Jack loves them and seems a natural at playing with the touch screen. He zeroed in on my attractive wife's iPhone because she has a hot pink case for it. I also loaded some games on it I thought she would like (Spider Solitaire, Brick Breaker). Jack likes them better but is not that good at actually playing them.

This afternoon after arriving back home from Day Care I made the mistake of showing Jack my iPhone which has the Star Wars Light Saber application on it. It's just a glorified ad for a video game, "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed", but does feature five Star Wars characters and their light sabers. Once activated, you can move the iPhone around and it will make appropriate sound effects. To Jack, who is a fan of the animated series, Star Wars: Clone Wars, this is pure gold. He wanted to play with it all night. I let him play until it was time for dinner and then again after his bath. I fear I won't be able to take out my iPhone if he's in sight. He can ask, "Light Swaber game on your iPhone?" It's cute up until the tantrum starts when I say he can't have my iPhone. Oh boy.

The Force is strong with this one.