Friday, October 31, 2008

Cha-Cha-Changes

So the one thing I've really noticed about Jack is that he's not crazy about changing what he's doing, even if what he's about to do is something I know he really likes. In the morning or early afternoon when I take him to day care he's very upset but when he gets there and sees his playmate, Jay, he's super excited. In fact, I can't get him to say good bye.

Later, when I pick him up I don't even get so much as a "Hi, Dada." I have to drag him out of there. Poor guy; he's just about being in the moment, I guess. Still, he's beginning to comprehend the concept of time or at least now and later. Because I'll be home for most of November on paid leave, his former schedule of getting to day care early has changed. He now knows that I take him to day care "later." He'll even say, "We go day care later," nodding his head up and down. Of course, when "later" does come around he's still not excited about it.

No comments: